As security tightens in public sectors, many companies are also tightening security while maintaining efficiency and cost savings through the implementation of kiosks. For secure visitor check-in, access to confidential information via self-service, or immigration functions, kiosks act as mini patrol units for a variety of applications. Security also spans transaction kiosks by adding additional features such as security alarms, fingerprint and eye scanners, security mats and privacy screens as well as a host of biometric devices.
For the US Department of Homeland Security, being able to identify visitors coming in and going out the country is a huge task of which kiosks simplify and speed the throughput. The US VISIT program deployed KIOSK Information Systems kiosks configured with fingerprint capture, video picture and automated passport processing to help protect our borders.
Features and Benefits
- Kiosks with security alarms protects internal cash device and other proprietary components
- Integrated complex biometric devices ensure accurate user identity and authentication
- Passport processing for frequent international travelers speeds process and lowers employee headcount
- Camera devices and scanners create digital records for accuracy and protects against fraud
- Privacy screens and security mats protect against unauthorized information access if previous user forgets to log off system
Return On Investment
- Reduction in employee headcount
- Reduction in unauthorized access to confidential information and other protected assets
- Border personnel able to focus on more in-depth inspections
KIOSK Information Systems has kiosks with security features for many companies, including the clients listed below.
Contact KIOSK to discuss how added security can benefit your
company's self-service initiatives.