Case Study Self Service Kiosk
CUSS Airline Kiosk
SITA Airport services sought to create a self-service airline check-in kiosk designed for collaborative passenger check-in across multiple airlines. Recognizing the rising overhead and space constraints faced by the airlines and airports, SITA.s solution needed to be flexible enough to meet multiple system performance requirements. It also had to remain open and scaleable to accommodate new applications and technology.
Requirements included Common Use Self-Service (CUSS) platform, enabling any customer to check-in at any kiosk regardless of the airline serving them, introducing convenience and consolidation. Check-in processing time and transaction costs reductions had to be markedly improved for each airline upon deployment. Additionally, the solution had to prove savings in queuing space and airport counter square footage requirements.
The solution needed to have integrated 2-D barcode scanner, passport reader, credit card reader, wide thermal printer, and bag tag printer.
Utilizing the CUSS platform and KIOSK custom designed hardware,
SITA Airport Services successfully created a turnkey check-in solution. With over 20 airline customers already integrated, and 11 in process, the solution leverage is becoming increasingly powerful. Solution statistics and benefits include:
- 49% savings in floor space requirements, directly translating to increased airport capacity to accommodate passenger growth
- 87% improvement in passenger check-in throughput
- 50% improvement in transaction times (< two minutes, as opposed to four at the counter)
- Reduced IT demands for subscribing airlines with turnkey solution
- 58% savings in equipment costs for participating airlines, eliminating redundant kiosk investments
For more information please call 1-800-509-5471 or send us a request for more information.