Case Study Self-Service Kiosk
Sports Book Betting Kiosk for ISI and AWI Manufacturing
ISI and AWI Manufacturing set out to create a sports book kiosk that would accomplish legal self serve betting, provide access to handicapping services and sports information, and provide a full range of complimentary services including ticket and event reservations.
ISI/AWI also required a financially viable solution for the casino owners, whereby incremental advertising and services revenue could be shared, accelerating the equipment ROI.
The interface design needed to be exceptionally user-friendly, enabling a full range of customer demographics to independently place bets and access services.
The design of the kiosk itself required exceptional visual draw to compete in a casino floor environment. A full complement of peripherals needed to be integrated to address cash, winning ticket, and voucher acceptance, special printing needs for time/date acknowledgement, and security/user identification.
The solution software would need to be completely cheat-proof. and provide 100% compliance to the regulations of the Nevada Gaming Commission. Stringent remote monitoring requirements had to be considered not only for ISI / AWI, but for the Gaming Commission and Computerized Booking Systems (CBS), the wagering systems provider for 90% of Nevada casinos.
With KIOSK hardware, and joint solution software development efforts between ISI and CBS, the iSports Stand is in active deployment in over half of all Las Vegas sports books locations. The kiosk met all of the technical objective criteria above, and provides a full complement of self-service benefits:
- Dual revenue streams from Sports Book activity and advertising, increasing casino participation
- Legal and automated sports booking, reducing staffing requirements
- Virtually 24/7 access to sports book services, increasing overall betting revenue
- Easy to use and understand interface, increasing betting demographics
- Improved revenue from automation, enabling casinos to vastly increase betting contest base (March Madness, Fantasy Football, etc).
- Bolstered sales from second screen advertising, providing sizeable casino owner revenue share
- Custom casino branding opportunity, providing casino loyalty enforcement
- Supplemental services (event/golf reservations, etc), further reinforcing consumer loyalty.
For more information please call 1-800-509-5471 or send us a request for more information.