Touch Screen Kiosk technology
Touch screen computers are the heart of most self-service kiosk installations. Keyboards and trackballs are
important but users almost always want to "touch the screen". These days LCD touch screen technology is used
almost all the time.
- Elo TouchSystems --
Elo TouchSystems, the global leader in touch technology, develops, manufactures, and markets a complete line of touch screen and touch monitor products. Elo offers the largest selection of touchscreen technologies, CRT touchmonitors, and LCD touch monitors and carefully designs each product for the demanding requirements of diverse applications, such as industrial, medical, POS, kiosks, retail, hospitality, transportation, office automation, and gaming.
- Drivers --
Here is the link on the Elo TouchSystems site for drivers.
- KIOSK also provides Near Field Imaging technology as well as Capacitative.
Some Good Tips for Touchscreen
Understand the general Public user
- Typically untrained
- Application must be simple and guide the user
- Best kiosks have a single, specific application or transaction
- Must attract their attention
- Must keep their attention
- Must never frustrate the user
- Must deliver wanted information quickly
- Will walk away for the slightest reason
- Must be satisfied or will never return
- Case Study -- Designing a Touch Screen Kiosk for Older Adults [FitnessTrack]
For this advice and more, an excellent reference for touch screen design considerations is located here